Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is from The Nova Scotia Inns and Restaurants Cookbook (1985) and this recipe hails from the Normaway Inn. Sounds easy to prepare with canned tomatoes, red wine, garlic...mmmmm!
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, seeds removed, pureed
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 lamb loin chops
- salt and pepper
- Combine tomatoes, wine, garlic, thyme, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over the lamb chops and marinate for 3 hours.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat for 10 minutes on the first side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and broil the other side for 7 minutes or until done.