Darren Silverman's Note:
This is the most beautiful salad ever!! It's simple to prepare and tastes incredible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lamb fillets (back straps are fine too)
For the Marinade
- 4 tablespoons ketjap manis (sweet Indonesian soy)
- 1 -2 crushed garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 shallots, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 fresh red chile, finely chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
For the Salad
- 1Remove sinew from Lamb fillets and cut to size. About 8-10cm in length is perfect.
- 2Combine ingredients for the marinade and pour over lamb making sure fillets are totally coated. Marinating for a minimum of 2-3 hours is preferable. Overnight even better.
- 3Place lamb in a hot non stick pan or griddle (save as much of the marinade in the bowl as possible) and cook on a medium heat turning only once for around 2 minutes on each side. Medium rare is best. There is no need to oil your pan.
- 4Remove from pan and allow to stand for 3-4 minutes before slicing. This will allow enough time to toss your salad.
- 5Combine salad ingredients saving half the feta and drizzle with a little olive oil. Top with sliced lamb fillets and pour the remaining marinade over the top. Crumble remaining feta as a garnish and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Lamb and Mango Salad
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.2
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1158.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme leaves