Recipe by threeovens
My husband: The guy marinated chunks of meat in yogurt and I forget what else. Make that. It was Greek. Me (after looking at all the shows on FN for that day): Which guy? Husband: Did I say guy? It was Barefoot. Yesterday, I think. From Barefoot Contessa: Go Greek, Episode BX0204H
- 1 lb plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 5 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless lamb or 2 lbs top round beef
- 1 red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary, salt to taste, and pepper to taste; add lamb or beef, stir to coat, cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight or up to 2 days.
- Prepare a charcoal grill; if using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes so they do not char.
- Cut lamb into 1 1/2 inch cubes, you'll have about 20.
- Cut onion into 8 wedges, separating into sections of 3 or 4.
- Thread skewers with 3 or 4 pieces of meat alternating with onion sections.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning 2 or 3 times, until medium rare, about 10 to 15 minutes.