Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs 25 mins
This simple dish has a touch of the Orient. Hoisin can be found in any grocery store now. It is worth trying it for its sweet and unique flavour.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional but they do add to the dish)
- Mix all ingerdients except chicken in a bowl.
- Place in a plastic bag with the chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator 6-24 hours , turning often (overnight is best).
- Arrange chicken in single layer in glass baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes .
This recipe was by no means bad but it didn't have a whole lot of flavor, in my opinion. It is fairly quick and easy to make but I'm not sure that I'll put it into my 'regular rotation' without trying to add some more flavor, perhaps come crushed garlic in the marinade.
Really enjoyed this chicken! I cut the Hoisin back to 3 Tbsp and added 2 Tbsp Black bean Sauce. Easy and tasty Thanks Tebo, Cheers Bergy
If you are looking for simple this will do. If your pantry has a dozen flavors of vinegar you will be disapointed.