Recipe by Z,G,L's mom
Don't know if these are posted or not but they are too good to pass up! This is a recipe my mother has made for years. Every time there is a household or bridal shower these are requested. We have even had to make these for wedding receptions and I make them for our schools graduation dinner. Last year I made 150 of these and they were gone within minutes.
- 30 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (we use the Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers)
- 453.59 g shaved deli ham (enough for 30 biscuits)
- 30 slice swiss cheese (sliced to fit the biscuit) or 30 slice mozzarella cheese (sliced to fit the biscuit)
- 473.18 ml butter (use the real thing)
- 147.89 ml yellow mustard
- 29.58 ml poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the biscuits on 350°F until just very light brown. Cool. Slice biscuits in half horizontally.
- Place slice of ham and cheese on each biscuit.
- In a glass bowl melt butter in microwave. Add in mustard. You have to stir up really well to get it incorporated.
- In 2 large baking pan (15x10-inch) place enough mustard/butter mixture to barely cover the bottom of pan(should use about 4 tbsp).
- Place biscuits in pan closely together.Spoon remaining butter/mustard on top of each biscuit. Use a teaspoons at a time. Continue until all this mixture has been used.
- Cover with foil and place in refrigerator for several hours (you can do this up to 24 hours in advance).
- Bake at 350°F (uncovered) until cheese has melted. Serve.