Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love to bring these as a dish to pass for picnics. They're always a big hit.
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch chunks (color of your preference)
- 1 red onion, chopped into 1-inch wide wedges and separated
- 2 cups mushrooms, whole baby portobello
- 2 cups broccoli spears
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- Wash and chop vegetables, setting them aside in separate piles. This helps with kebab assembly.
- Skewer vegetable chunks in desired order onto bamboo or metal skewers. Be careful not to split vegetable chunks when placing on skewer, or they may fall off during grilling.
- Lay kebabs flat in a sealable container in two layers if necessary. Pour salad dressing evenly over all and marinate refrigerated for 2-6 hours or overnight. For best results, occasionally rotate kebabs and alternate layers to allow for even marination.
- On an oil-brushed grill at medium-high heat, grill kebabs for 8 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. I like to grill mine until the vegetables are tender-crisp with slightly charred edges. During grilling, brush kebabs with marinade.
These were excellent! I was questioning the use of broccoli, but I have to admit they were excellent! Thanks for the recipe!