Prep 8 hrs
Cook 10 mins
The secret to a perfect tuna steak is to cook it as you would a rare or medium-rare steak, overcooking will produce a tough dry fish, the center needs to be pink -- plan ahead the steaks need to marinade for 8-24 hours, prep time includes refrigeration time --- I have made this in the past many times it is *very* good!
- 3 (340.19 g) fresh tuna steaks
- ground black pepper (to taste) or lemon pepper (to taste)
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml lemon juice or 14.79 ml lime juice
- 44.37 ml oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced (can use less if desired)
- In a bowl combine all marinade ingredients until well blended.
- Place the tuna steaks into a shallow glass dish (I use an 11 x 7-inch baking pan for this).
- Pour the marinade over the tuna steaks and turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 8-24 hours (turning a couple of times during chilling).
- Preheat the grill to HIGH heat.
- Oil the grill grate.
- Remove the steaks from marinade (discard any marinade) and place on a plate.
- Season lightly with freshly ground black pepper on both sides.
- Grill the steaks for 5 minutes per side or until rare or medium-rare (DO NOT overcook the tuna or it will be dry!).
Excellent. Definitely a keeper. cooked on a charcoal grill. Great flavor.
This was excellent! Made this recipe just as prescribed with lime juice - yummy!
Another winner from Kittencal!!Was my first time cooking tuna and they turned out great.I used the grilling frying pan the rest made everything as stated.Really nice flavour.Thanks for the recipe