Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Our DD and SIL recently came down for a visit. As a birthday treat, they prepared supper. They served this delicious steak as their entree along with Amarillo Cheese Fries & Dip and a wonderful tossed salad. (Prep. time does not include refrigeration time).
- 4 beef steaks
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg (sold under the label as Accent)
- Place your favorite cut of steak in a shallow pan.
- Pour beer over steak and refrigerate 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, seasoned salt, pepper and MSG, making a dry rub.
- Remove steaks from beer.
- Dry rub steaks all over; refrigerate 1/2 hour longer.
- Pre-heat grill or skillet to medium high.
- Spray cooking surface with non-stick spray.
- Cook until done to your likeness.
Something just not right about a sweet steak.
I just realized that I never rated this one and it's one of our favorites! I use Henry Weinhard's beer and the result is mouthwateringly fantastic! Thanks so much for such a delicious marinade recipe!