Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great tasting summer main dish using garden fresh,or store bought peppers and onions. Recipe has a 4 hour marinating time.
- 226.79 g envelope onion soup mix
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 59.14 ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 453.59 g beef flank steak
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, julienned
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 8 (64 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large , reusable plastic bag, combine the soup mix,oil,lime juice, water, and seasonings, shake, then add the steak.
- Seal bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for atr least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill, covered over medium high heat for 4-7 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness.(medium rare 145 degrees.medium 160 degrees.or well done 170 degrees.
- In a small skillet, saute onion and peppers if desired in oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice meat into thin strips across the grain, and place on tortillas.
- Top with vegetables, and roll up.
Wow!! Very flavorful flank steak!! It looks like a ton of ingredients, but it is very easy and quick. The thing that took me the longest was squeezing out all of the lime juice. I let the steak marinate for about 6 hours, very tender!! DH basted the steak with the marinade for the first flips then we discarded it. DH doesn't care for the peppers so I just grilled some sliced onions on a skewer with the meat, easy clean up that way!! Thanks for a tasty new marinade!! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.