Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great tasting summer main dish using garden fresh,or store bought peppers and onions. Recipe has a 4 hour marinating time.
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 lb) beef flank steak
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large , reusable plastic bag, combine the soup mix,oil,lime juice, water, and seasonings, shake, then add the steak.
- Seal bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for atr least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill, covered over medium high heat for 4-7 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness.(medium rare 145 degrees.medium 160 degrees.or well done 170 degrees.
- In a small skillet, saute onion and peppers if desired in oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice meat into thin strips across the grain, and place on tortillas.
- Top with vegetables, and roll up.
Wow!! Very flavorful flank steak!! It looks like a ton of ingredients, but it is very easy and quick. The thing that took me the longest was squeezing out all of the lime juice. I let the steak marinate for about 6 hours, very tender!! DH basted the steak with the marinade for the first flips then we discarded it. DH doesn't care for the peppers so I just grilled some sliced onions on a skewer with the meat, easy clean up that way!! Thanks for a tasty new marinade!! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.