Prep 6 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I got a George Foreman grill for Christmas and had to try out these. They turned out great without heating up the grill. Serve with a baked potato and side salad and your meal is planned.
- 3 lbs lean sirloin steaks, cut 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, cut diagonally
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- Cut 1 inch intervals around fat sides of steak and set aside.
- In a small fry pan, saute garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Place garlic into a medium mixing bowl and add other marinade ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour marinade into a large ziplock bag with steaks.
- Marinade at least six hours but I prefer to do them overnight.
- Remove steaks from marinade and pat dry, reserving liquid.
- Grill steaks for 10-15 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Don't forget to occasionally brush with marinade.
- While steaks are cooking, heat reserved marinade, mushrooms, green onions and ripe olives.
- Place cooked steaks on a meat platter and pour cooked marinade over top.
This recipe was surprisingly delicious. It had a very unique flavor, like something you would find at a restaurant. Very easy to make - I marinated steak just under six hours and broiled. My picky husband gives it two thumbs up which equates to five stars!