- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except for shrimp.
- Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.