Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 6 mins
Simple but delicious!
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except for shrimp.
- Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
Really a nice recipe. Will make this again!
I made this recipe last night but didn't have Basil, so I substituted 1 tbsp of Oregano and 1 tbsp of Thyme for the 2 tbsp's of Basil and upped the Cayenne Pepper to 3/4 tsp and used Red Pepper since I didn't have the Cayenne, and it was a HIT. Thanks for the idea, i was growing tired of the same ole grilled shrimp with garlic pepper. Tasted great!!!
I made these recently and they are awesome!!!