1/1 Photo of Marinated Grilled Salmon With Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese
The is a recipe I've developed over the years. I use it on other fish than just Salmon, because not everyone in my family likes Salmon. Any fish will work, just make sure you have a nice sized steak. It is very flavorful and a little different than just another fish on the grill. It is definitely a MUST-TRY! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 -5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 -5 tablespoons honey
- juice of one lemon
- juice of one lime
- one chopped hot chili pepper
- 5 -7 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 5 -7 basil leaves (fresh)
- one heirloom tomato
- goat cheese
- 2 salmon steaks
- 1Mix first 10 ingredients in bowl.
- 2Pour marinade into large freezer bag.
- 3Marinate fish at least 20 minutes with bag sealed at room temperature.
- 4Thinly slice the tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Place fish on hot grill. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Fresh ground is preferred).
- 6As the fish cooks (3-5 minutes per side), use a brush and mop the marinade onto fish.
- 7Turn salmon a quarter (90 degrees) after a quarter of the way through cooking. (This will give it nice grill cross hatch marks).
- 8Flip fish half way though cooking. Add salt and pepper to taste to this side as well.
- 9Continue to baste the fish with marinade. (Try to use all if possible).
- 10Turn fish another 90 degrees after 3/4 done cooking.
- 11Before fish is completely cooked, top it with thinly sliced tomato. Top tomato with fresh basil. Top basil with crumbled goat cheese. Shut the grill for a minute or two before taking fish off. Let rest a few minutes and enjoy!
- 12Feel free to make the marinade to taste. It should be sweet, and salty, and sour. I did not measure anything out when making this dish. I simply tasted it a few times until it was balanced the way I liked it.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Grilled Salmon With Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.4
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 2417.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 65.3 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning