Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours for very tasty and tender steaks. Original recipe from Allrecipes, but adapted to my taste.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 lbs New York strip steaks, 8oz ea (4)
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Pierce steaks on all sides with a fork and place in marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill over high heat and cook to desired doneness.
I've used this marinade the last handful of times I've made NY Strips and they come out SO dang good! It's quick to whip together, easy, and the flavor is awesome. I cook my steaks to medium rare, lightly basted with salt free butter (after turning and before resting) and the result is juicy, flavorful steaks without needing additional sauces of any kind. It's definitely a crowd pleaser and isn't labor intensive, making it a perfect choice for large gatherings.<br/>I also really like the fact that this marinade is so versatile, allowing for pretty much ANY side to accompany it's flavor profile.<br/>This has definitely become a staple marinade for me!
Very tasty even in the broiler!
Substitued Balsamic Vingar for the red wine vinegar since I had none, and it was the best marinade I have ever had !! Next time I will try with the red wine vinegar, but the substitution didn't seem to hurt this marinade at all .... Thanks for the recipe!! it's a keeper !!