1/5 Photos of Marinated, Grilled London Broil
Mark Marcarian's Note:
I love this because I am a huge fan of grilled steak and kind of made this up as I went along. Serve with seasoned potato wedges, a simple salad and a green veggie. Don't forget the garlic bread as well. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59-680.38 g top sirloin steak (London Broil)
- 4.92 ml hot sauce (I prefer Tabasco)
- 2 head garlic, minced fine (save six little cloves)
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 small Spanish onion, chopped fine
- 2 sprig green onions, sliced on the bias finely
- 340.19 g bottle A.1. Original Sauce
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1Get the freshest, leanest piece of top sirloin you can find (Black Angus is most recommended). Make sure it is deep red in color.
- 2Place your sirloin in a deep rectangular pan.
- 3LIGHTLY score the meat with a very sharp knife on both sides to make sure marinade gets into meat.
- 4Start by sprinkling both sides of meat with the salt and pepper.
- 5Stuff a few cloves garlic all over meat by cutting little slits.
- 6Pour in red wine vinegar, A1 sauce, Tabasco sauce; add the chopped spanish onions. (Reserve the green onions for later as a garnish).
- 7Stir and flip the meat to coat evenly on both sides.
- 8Cover pan with foil or plastic and let sit in refrigerator for at least three hours.
- 9Preheat charcoal or gas grill for 20 minutes on high setting.
- 10Place your marinated steak on the hot grill and place a small weight on top.
- 11Grill for about 1 1/2 minutes, then flip it over and do the same for the other side.
- 12Reduce heat on grill to a low medium setting, and turn every minute or so, taking care to grill so that you get charcoaled score lines in a criss-cross pattern on the steak.
- 13Do NOT over cook!
- 14The steak should be pink inside-not brown!
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated, Grilled London Broil
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1324.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce