Here's yet another Rachael Ray recipe! This one looked too good to pass up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotle powder or 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 1/2 lbs small red skin new potatoes
- 1 leek, trimmed of tough tops
- 4 slices thick cut smoky bacon, cut into thick pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 vine ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sour cream (to pass at table-optional)
- 1Mix garlic, steak seasoning, smoked paprika, chipotle or cumin, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar. Whisk in extra virgin olive oil. Place meat in shallow dish and coat evenly to marinade. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2Cut larger potatoes in half, leave very small potatoes whole. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes 12-15 minutes until tender.
- 3Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat.
- 4Cut leek in half lengthwise. Chop into 1/2" pieces. Place leeks in a big bowl of water and release all the dirt from them with a good wash, separating all the layers. Drain leeks in a colander.
- 5Grill flank steak 6-7 minutes on each side.
- 6Put a drizzle of EVOO into a hot nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook bacon 3-5 minutes until it begins to crisp and has rendered most of it's fat.
- 7Add leeks to the skillet and cook 3-5 minutes more until the leeks are tender.
- 8Drain potatoes and return them to the hot pot. Smash the potatoes with the chicken stock or broth.
- 9Add the bacon and leeks to the potatoes and continue to smash. Carefully fold in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- 10Remove flank steak from grill and let juices redistribute before slicing. Thinly slice meat on an angle, cutting the meat against the grain.
- 11Serve sliced flank steak next to BLT potatoes and top potatoes with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Grilled Flank Steak With BLT Smashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (724 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1015.3
- Calories from Fat 538
- Total Fat 59.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 660.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 60.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: