Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like to serve this gilled vegetables, baked potato and salad. Very good. Prep time does not include 2 to 12 hour marinating.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine (or more)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- chopped green onions (optional) or chives (optional)
- chopped dill weed, to taste (optional)
- celery seed (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, trimmed
- Mix all ingredients in the pan in which meat is to be marinated.
- Marinate flank steak, turning occasionally, for 2 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Broil meat over hot coals for 5 minutes per side for rare meat.
- Slice meat on the diagonal across the grain and serve.
oh so good! I use all the optional seasonings listed in the ingredient list. One of my favorite marinades for grilling.
What a delicious marinade!! I will be using this again and again. I had a nice thick flank steak and placed it in a ziplock with the marinade the night before, so it had a good 10 hours to marinade. My husband grilled the meat medium and we sliced it up. Lots of juices, wonderful flavor. Thanks for posting.
Great marinade! I marinated the steak for about 7 hours. I did not use the dill weed or celery seed. Excellent and easy!