Recipe by ARathkamp
This is a traditional Christmas dinner in our family. The meat comes out very tender and wonderful flavors. Cooking time includes the minimum 4 hours of marinating time.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
The man of the house made this from start to finish, grumbling the whole time about substitutions (top sirloin for flank steak, ground ginger for fresh) but quit griping when he sat down to eat. This is wonderful! It's also the first time this spring we've fired up the gas barbecue. Those who come this way after us should note that the "roasting bag" in the ingredients is only used for marinating, not cooking, so a gallon ziplog storage bag will do. Made for Pick A Chef April 09.
- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 roasting bag
Directions See How It's Made
- Score flank steak on both sides.
- Combine all other ingrediants in a large mixing bowl.
- Place steak and marinade in a large cooking bag. Remove air and seal tight. Let marinate for 4 to 8 hours.
- When ready, fire up the grill!
- Grill steak on each side for about 10 minutes per side. The steak is best served medium rare.
- Slice into 1/4 inch slices.