Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My cousin and her husband grilled these one night for an appetizer and they were delicious. Whoever had cleaned these dove had just "popped out the breasts", so there were no little legs and no skin. I prefer whole birds because I think they stay more tender and I love to eat the little legs, but either way will work. You could use quail for this recipe too, I bet.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 12 doves
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 3 -6 whole pickled jalapeno peppers, depending on heat level,if real hot,3 quartered lengthwise,if tolerable,6 halved
- 12 toothpicks
- Marinate the doves overnight or at least for several hours.
- Take each dove, line a jalapeno up against it and wrap the piece of bacon around it.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Grill the breasts over medium heat, turning constantly to ensure even grilling.
- Baste in the last few minutes with the remaining marinade.
- Cook until the bacon is crispy.
good and simple my two fav combos...grilled them....awesome