My cousin and her husband grilled these one night for an appetizer and they were delicious. Whoever had cleaned these dove had just "popped out the breasts", so there were no little legs and no skin. I prefer whole birds because I think they stay more tender and I love to eat the little legs, but either way will work. You could use quail for this recipe too, I bet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate the doves overnight or at least for several hours.
- 2Take each dove, line a jalapeno up against it and wrap the piece of bacon around it.
- 3Secure with a toothpick.
- 5Grill the breasts over medium heat, turning constantly to ensure even grilling.
- 6Baste in the last few minutes with the remaining marinade.
- 7Cook until the bacon is crispy.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Grilled Dove
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 2038.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: