Recipe by breezermom
This chuck steak marinates for at least 8 hours, so be prepared. For me, this is a different taste for steak, with the chili powder. But it goes well with the chuck steak and it turns out nice and tender. And it doesn't use soy sauce, so that extra sodium content is eliminated. Great for this less expensive piece of meat. Marinating time is not included in the prep time!
- 2 lbs chuck steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from the steak, and place in a shallow container or a large zip lock bag.
- Combine all the other ingredients, stirring well; pour the marinade over the steak. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning once.
- Take steak out of the refrigerator to let it sit while you are getting your charcoal ready on your grill. This will help relax the meat so it is even more tender.
- Remove steak from the marinade. Grill over hot coals 8 minutes on each side, or until it reaches the desired degree of doneness. (I don't cook mine that long).