Recipe by MrsPres
Quick, easy, and light for the summer!
Top Review by LifeIsGood
This is a fabulous, quick, easy, healthy recipe! The quick marninade is delicious and flavorful. I doubled the couscous recipe (because I adore couscous and wanted leftovers). It's wonderful with the additions. I think next time, I'll use some halved cherry tomatoes. I am tucking this recipe into my best-of-the-best file. Thanks for posting!
- 2 garlic cloves, finely shopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 1 T
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 T
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, brown sugar, 2 T. lemon juice, and 3 T. olive oil in a small bowl.
- Using a rolling pin, lightly pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper until they are 1/2 inch thick. Place chicken on a plate in a single layer, and coat with the garlic marinade. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook couscous according to package instructions. Fluff with a fork, then add 1 T. lemon juice, 2 T. olive oil, mint, red onion, tomato, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- If grilling outside, cook chicken until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. For indoor preparation, preheat oven to 375. Heat an ovenproof skillet on the stovetop, and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes. Flip, then place pan in oven and bake for 3 more minutes. Serve over couscous.