Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe I saved from Taste of Home magazine. I adapted it a little for our tastes. This is so quick and easy, just 30 minutes for marinading and its ready for the grill.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, garlic and lemon-pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
I marinated chicken drumsticks between 10 - 11 hours. Though it tasted good, the marinade didn't impart much flavor in the end-result. I followed the recipe exactly so not sure if using chicken breast would impart more flavor. I think I will try to marinade it even longer next time. Thank you diner524 for sharing. Tagged it for PRMR.
I made this a day ahead with chicken thighs and added a couple pork chops with extra marinade a few hours before grilling. Both were outstanding. I'll be using this recipe over and over; thanks!
I let the chicken breasts in the marinade overnight. They were so yummy. Wonderful taste. Thanks diner :) Made for 123 hit wonders