- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- red bell pepper (optional)
- lemon slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the bottom third of the asparagus (woody parts of the stalk) and discard. Place asparagus in casserole dish.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Marinate at least 1 hour, turning frequently.
- Place skewers (make sure you soak them in water) through the middle of the asparagus spears, or place spears in a greased grill basket.
- Grill over hot coals until tender but still crunchy.
- Garnish with diced red bell peppers and lemon slices, if desired.