Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
We love Asparagus and have it often when it is in season. This goes great with Grilled Salmon or Steak.
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Remove the bottom third of the asparagus. Place in casserole dish. Add the rest of the ingredients. Marinate at least 1 hour, turning often.
- Place skewers through the middle of the asparagus. Grill over hot coals until just crunchy. Garnish with diced red bell peppers and lemon wheels.
- Serves 4.
I halved the recipe as there was only 2 of us. The bbq flavor was very nice. I would have liked a little more of a pronounced dill taste though. :)
This was had way to much lemon flavor which really overpowered all of the other ingredients. Next time I will cut the lemon down to 1 tablespoon. If it needs more I can add it, but it is impossible to subtract it. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.