Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the CIA at Greystone in Napa Valley CA.
- 8 ounces unpitted green Spanish olives
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- Remove the zest from the orange and add to the olives,
- Trim away pith and membrane with seeds from orange fruit and add fruit, cut into chunks, to olives.
- Using a mortar and pestle, lightly crush peppercorns with sesame seeds, and mint, then whisk in olive oil.
- Dress the olives, and allow to marinate refrigerated, for several hours.