Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe from Ryland, Peters, and Small's Tapas Cookbook. These olives need to marinate at room temperature for 6 days prior to serving, so plan ahead. They make a wonderful appetizer for any party and are perfect gifts around the holidays (put them in pretty square glass jars that you find at craft stores)!
Top Review by cookiedog
I feel like I have wrapped a gift for myself and I can't wait to open it! I made these using Manzanilla olives and fresh herbs and an orange from my garden. Now the problem is going to be waiting the 6 days until I can try them. I'll be taking them on a trip to our family cabin, and I appreciate that these will not be occupying valuable fridge space! Gracias January Bride. Made for ZWT 5 by and Epicurean Queen.
- 1 lb green olives
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon crushed fennel seed
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the olives in a bowl.
- Mix in the garlic, coriander, fennel, thyme, rosemary, orange zest and orange juice; transfer to a jar into which they just fit (and that had a lid which tightly closes).
- Pour in olive oil to cover olives.
- Shake well and let marinate at room temperature for 6 days.