Recipe by Little Bee
I got this from Southern Living Magazine. This salad is delicious and something different to serve at your next barbecue or potluck!
Top Review by carole in orlando
A very nice salad type side dish to serve with the evening meal. I loved the flavors! I only had frozen, french cut green beans, so I cooked them until crisp-tender and then followed the recipe. I had freeze-dried oregano and used 2 tsp. We enjoyed this and will be having it again. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (4 ounce) packagescrumbled feta cheese
- fresh oregano sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in boiling water seasoned with 1 teaspoon salt; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Place in a shallow serving dish.
- Cook garlic in hot oil in a skillet over medium heat 30 seconds or just until fragrant; remove from heat.
- Stir in olives, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Pour mixture over beans, tossing to coat.
- Chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.
- Garnish, if desired.