- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 small thinly sliced sweet onions or 1 small you could use 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 4- 5 minutes until tender, but still crisp.
- Drain, immerse in ice water till cool. Drain.
- Whisk vinegars, sugar, EVOO, salt and pepper together in a serving bowl. Add onion and green beans, stir together.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least five hours. Shake it up once in awhile. Over night is even better.