Recipe by Claudia Dawn
This is my favorite summer salad recipe. I make the day before because it tastes better the second day when the flavors blend (and they blend nicely!). It's a very pretty salad that you'll be proud to serve.
Top Review by DeniseBC
I'm jumping on the bandwagon about how good this is. I got a late start, so it only marinated for about 4 hours before we had it for supper and it was great. I know it will be even better tomorrow in my lunch. Thanks for a great recipe to use both the green beans and the red potatoes I got this week!
- 453.59 g fresh green beans (washed & ends cut off)
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml dried dill weed
- 946.36 ml cubed red potatoes
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml honey
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in 2 Dutch ovens (can do separately if you only have 1).
- Add green beans to one; reduce heat to medium& cook, covered, 8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Remove beans with slotted spoon.
- Add potatoes to other Dutch oven.
- Cook, covered, 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes; drain.
- Combine vinegar, oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, salt, dill weed, thyme, and pepper in medium bowl; whisk to combine.
- Add green beans and potatoes; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days, stirring occasionally.
- To complete recipe, garnish with tomato wedges.