Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light July 2008. This simple recipe combines elements of traditional bean and potato salads. Crumbled bacon provides a smoky accent. I couldn't find wax beans at the time I made this so I just reduced the bean mixture ingredients and it was plenty for four people.
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb wax bean, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb fingerling potato, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook beans in boiling water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until tender (I quartered the potatoes and it still took 10 minutes for the potatoes to get tender); drain. Return potatoes to pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar to pan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle beans with vinegar mixture; toss well to coat.
- Place beans on a serving platter; arrange potatoes over beans. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, and bacon. Serve at room temperature.
- Serving size = 1 cup.