Recipe by Dib's
I LOVE this recipe-great for cocktail parties or a super appy for your Greek Dinner. Cook time reflects the marinating time.
Top Review by Latchy
This is really a fantastic recipe, it went over really well with my visitors, had to print out an extra two copies. I marinated for 1-1/2 days and they were perfect. I really loved the lemon that came through in the flavours. I used 1lb of Feta which I crumbled and used yellow grape tomatoes. This will be a very popular recipe that I will use again and again.
For the Olives
- 1⁄2 lb kalamata olive, drained
- 1⁄2 lb cracked green olives, drained
- 1⁄4 lb thassos olive, drained
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges and seperated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped well
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the Feta and Tomatoes
- 2 cups washed grape tomatoes
- 3⁄4-1 lb feta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes or crumbled into medium chunks
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Olives- Combine all ingredients in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Remove all the air you can and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning 2 or 3 times.
- For the Cheese and Tomatoes- Drizzle the feta and tomatoes with the oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with the oregano and pepper, tossing well.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes at room temp.
- Combine the olives with the feta and tomatoes, tossing well.