Recipe by bluemoon downunder
I found this simple, super-quick-to-make recipe for Marinated Greek Feta in the November 2005 issue of the Australian magazine 'Super Food Ideas'. It was one of several recipes for entertaining guests with a Greek banquet. I have posted it for the 2005 Zaar World Tour. The preparation time does not include the overnight chilling time.
Top Review by mums the word
Marvelous! This was very well received by our guests. I did reduce the pepper to 2 tbsp just as a personal preference. Served with crusty baguettes and crackers. Thx for posting.
- 500 g Greek feta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried greek oregano leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 500 g marinated greek kalamata olives
- crusty bread, to serve
- Cut the feta cheese into 2cm cubes and place them in a shallow, ceramic dish. Combine the oil, pepper, oregano and bay leaf in a jug, pour this over the feta and cover and refrigerate overnight (or longer if time permits).
- Serve the feta on a mezze platter with olives, skordalia (recipe posted separately) and crusty bread.
- Note: Refrigeration makes oil "cloudy". If you remove the marinated feta from the refrigerator 1 hour before serving, the "cloudiness" will disperse, and the oil will be clear.