1/4 Photos of Marinated Goat Cheese With Garlic, Basil and Orange Zest
susie cooks's Note:
This is a great appetizer. It is easy and fast and can be made up to 4 days before serving. I like to use a mixture of white, black and red peppercorns. Cook time does not include time to marinate. I always get asked for the recipe. Very pretty presentation. From Hugh Carpenter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut goat cheese into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer in a pie plate ot baking dish.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil, peppercorns and allspice berries.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, basil and orange zest.
- 4Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until the peppercorns begin to pop, about 2 minutes.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the garlic mixture. After 5 seconds of stirring, pour the hot mixture over the goat cheese.
- 6Marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- 7To serve, transfer the chilled cheese to a serving plate. Serve at room temperature with crackers.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Goat Cheese With Garlic, Basil and Orange Zest
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.5
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 210.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: