This is a great appetizer. It is easy and fast and can be made up to 4 days before serving. I like to use a mixture of white, black and red peppercorns. Cook time does not include time to marinate. I always get asked for the recipe. Very pretty presentation. From Hugh Carpenter.
- Cut goat cheese into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer in a pie plate ot baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil, peppercorns and allspice berries.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, basil and orange zest.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until the peppercorns begin to pop, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the garlic mixture. After 5 seconds of stirring, pour the hot mixture over the goat cheese.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- To serve, transfer the chilled cheese to a serving plate. Serve at room temperature with crackers.