Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A decedent spread that wins raves at potlucks and dinner parties. Rich and flavourful, it's perfect served with whole grain crackers or grilled bread. Thanks to my co-worker Melanie for the AWESOME recipe! Note that 1/2 cup of pesto can be substituted for the fresh herbs - it saves time and waste if you don't have a use for the rest of the herbs!
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more to taste
- Arrange cheese in a shallow dish in a single layer. Scatter olives, sundried tomatoes and basil over and around it.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and pepper. Pour over cheese.
- Marinate a few hours in the fridge or overnight. Serve at room temperature with grilled or fresh bread.
This is excellent and a nice change from the usual cheese spread. The only change I made was to use roasted red peppers instead of sun dried tomatoes. I spread the cheese onto the bottom of a glass pie plate instead of slicing it because it was crumbling when I tried to slice it. I might try some chopped artichoke hearts on it at some point. Everyone loved it.
I'm not a big fan of goat cheese, but made this recipe primarily for my other half who managed to consume a good portion of it during an evening with company! I was happy that the other three enjoyed it, too, & it was gone well before our guests were! Can't quibble with that kind of praise, so I now have another keeper of a recipe for my finger food counter! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 16]