1/1 Photo of Marinated Goat Cheese Rounds With Crostini
This is a simple appetizer that is meant to be eaten at leisure with friends! You can make crostini out of day old bread, and you can use any flavor of bread you like, but don't make them too far ahead, they are best served warm. Cook time is marinating time. From Cooking with Caprial cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces fresh soft fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (or use regular red balsamic vinegar)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 12 cured green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Goat Cheese Rounds:.
- 2Roll the cheese into a 4" long log. Slice into 1" thick rounds and place in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, garlic, thyme, pepper, olives, and olive oil until well blended. Pour over the goat cheese and marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours to 1 week. Before serving, let warm to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat the broiler or grill. Drizzzle the bread with olive oil, and grill or broil until golden brown. When the crostini come out of the oven or off the grill, rub them with a bit of the minced garlic. Then cut in half on the diagonal. Serve the warm crostini with the goat cheese. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Goat Cheese Rounds With Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.6
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 681.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar