Prep 5 mins
Cook 48 hrs
This recipe is from the Ottawa Citizen. This is a very tasty way to serve goat cheese. Great for parties or for a quiet lunch at home. Cook time is marinating time.
- 450 g chevre cheese (goat cheese)
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried chili
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemons, zest of
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut goat cheese into 1 cm rounds and place in a deep glass container or jar Add chilies, peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic and lemon zest.
- Cover with oil and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate 2 days.
- Serve at room temperature on crackers, baguette, stuffed in cherry tomatoes, crumbled over salad- be creative!
This really is very good! The lemon zest adds a nice taste and the other spices are perfect. Thanks for sharing.
This is a delicious appetizer to have on hand and is a breeze to make up. I used greek goat cheese feta and added a teaspoonful or so of Greek oregano. Awesome! My DH just takes some out of the jar and mashes it up in the the flavourful oil and uses it as a dip.