These are juicy and sweet--very elegant. They bring a touch of class to a party. These have even been served at family weddings.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 apples, with peeling (cut into chunks or wedges)
- 2 pears, with peeling (cut into chunks or wedges)
- green grapes or red grapes
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (11 ounce) canof quality brand mandarin oranges
- Assemble fruit on sticks.
- Place in large glass pan. Pour the marinade over and let sit overnight.
I loved that the Marinade kept the fruit from browning :-) The apples/pears were not as big a hit & the canned mandarin oranges were very ... delicate to work with :D So the 2nd time I did this, I used clementine oranges that I peeled and strawberries with banana slices. Lastly, I stuck the skewers point side into a whole pineapple for display :-) Lovely .... Thanks for posting your recipe!
I used fresh pineapple and no oranges. I cut up the fruit and marinated it overnight in a bowl then put it on skewers. Big hit at our Penn State tailgate party! Thanks!
This was a great recipe. I did not have luck with the mandarian oranges and forgot to buy orange so I used apricot juice.