Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These are juicy and sweet--very elegant. They bring a touch of class to a party. These have even been served at family weddings.
Top Review by DanceJACooking
I loved that the Marinade kept the fruit from browning :-) The apples/pears were not as big a hit & the canned mandarin oranges were very ... delicate to work with :D So the 2nd time I did this, I used clementine oranges that I peeled and strawberries with banana slices. Lastly, I stuck the skewers point side into a whole pineapple for display :-) Lovely .... Thanks for posting your recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 apples, with peeling (cut into chunks or wedges)
- 2 pears, with peeling (cut into chunks or wedges)
- green grapes or red grapes
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (11 ounce) canof quality brand mandarin oranges