These are juicy and sweet--very elegant. They bring a touch of class to a party. These have even been served at family weddings.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 apples, with peeling (cut into chunks or wedges)
- 2 pears, with peeling (cut into chunks or wedges)
- green grapes or red grapes
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (11 ounce) canof quality brand mandarin oranges
- Assemble fruit on sticks.
- Place in large glass pan. Pour the marinade over and let sit overnight.