Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Frozen hamburgers can be a great time saver, but lets face it, they can be bland, dry and boring. I came up with this myself as a way to use the premade ones I got when I purchased a side of beef. The number of patties can be varried from 4-8 before you need to increase/decrease the marinade. I like to butter a piece of sourdough bread and grill it lightly and use as the bun.
- 6 frozen hamburger patties
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small lime, juice of, only
- Place all ingredients in a zip lock bag, marinade 2-8 hours.
- Grill as desired.
Worked great! Was careful not to mangle to patties while placing them on the grill.
I'd recommend not marinating frozen patties, especially if they are a higher fat content. The excess moisture makes them fall apart even on a hot grill. Flavor is good but they turned into ground beef.
Burgers made this way are awesome! Thank you for the recipe.