Recipe by deb k
If you like oysters, you will love this recipe. Great as an appetizer to meat dishes. From John.
- 18 -20 oysters, drained, no shell (1 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash lemon juice
- flour, to coat, and
- cornmeal, to coat, mixed with flour
- olive oil, to fry, and
- butter, to fry
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oysters in a dish and coat with cocktail sauce, chili powder, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Marinate at room temperature no more than 1/2 hour or refrigerate 2 hors.
- Heat a skillet with oil and butter.
- Dust the oysters in flour and cornmeal and fry, turning until golden brown.
- Drain and adjust seasoning, serve hot.
- Be gentle when turning so the coating doesn't fall off.