Recipe by Dug
Crispy golden chicken portions without the problem of batter that won't stick properly - The simple marinade permeates the chicken to produce a delicious main course without the greasy coating.
- 1 chicken, cut into portions with skin on
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve salt and sugar in the water.
- Add garlic and chicken portions and marinate for 3-6 hours.
- Prepare deep fryer as per product directions and preheat oil to 375°F.
- Fry chicken pieces, a few at a time without crowding, for 6-8 minutes or until a golden color.
- Drain on paper towel and keep warm in a 150°F oven until all pieces are cooked.