Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is from the Food Network's Kitchens.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 lime, zest of, grated
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries, rinsed
- 1⁄2 pint blueberries, rinsed
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, rinsed, trimmed, and cut if large
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, citrus zests, and water. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the citrus juices and vanilla.
- Combine the berries in a bowl. Pour the warm syrup over the berries and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Serve marinated berries over a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt.
Well, I ended up making these with 1/2 pint raspberries, 1/2 pint blueberries and about 5 strawberries, because the rest of the strawberries had gone by by the time I got to them. Anyway, I liked this and like that the sauce did not make the berries too overly sweet.