Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love anchovies and I found a Mexican grocery store that carries fresh ones and thought I would try this. Sounds a bit like Ceviche to me without all the other stuff. Cooking time is marinating time.
- To bone the anchovies, snap off the heads by grasping the body just behind the head and pulling down on the head. Most of the innards will come out with the head. Run your thumb along the belly flap, tearing the fish open all the way to the tail and removing any remaining innards. Then grab the backbone b/w your thumb and forefinger and pull it out, gently. Remove any spiny fin material and drop each boned fillet into a bowl of ice water.
- Rinse the fish and dry them with paper towels.
- Place them in a shallow bowl.
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, half the parsley and salt.
- Refrigerate the anchovies in this mixture and marinate them, turning gently from time to time, until they turn white, 2 to 3 hours.
- You can keep them, refrigerated, for a day or two). Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve.