1/2 Photos of Marinated Flank Steaks
Just a small amount of this aromatic marinade adds pungent flavor and incredible tenderness to the flank steaks. Taken from Southern Living "Low Fat, Low Calories" cookbook. Cooking time does not include overnight marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make shallow cuts in steaks diagonally across grain at 1-inch intervals. Brush both sides of steaks with mustard. Place steaks in a large shallow dish.
- 2Combine wine and next 3 ingredients; pour over steaks.
- 3Cover and marinade in refrigerator 8 to 12 hours or overnight, turning steaks occasionally.
- 4Remove steaks from marinade, reserving marinade.
- 5Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 6Place steaks on a rack in a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired doneness, basting with reserved marinade.
- 7To serve, cut steaks diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Flank Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.1
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 287.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium worcestershire sauce