1/3 Photos of Marinated Flank Steak With Mustard Sauce
24 hrs 8 mins
Works well for a dinner party, barbecue party or Sunday dinner for the family. Serve with warm corn muffins/bread and salads, goes well with a rice/veggie salad.You'll get many compliments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mustard (use your favorite, I use Dijon)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- cayenne pepper (a few grains)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) lean flank steak, trimmed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Combine first 8 ingredients, for marinade, in a large, shallow non-mental dish; stir well.
- 2Add steaks, turning to coat.
- 3Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight, turning steaks occasionally.
- 4Steaks can be marinated in a zip lock bag, remove air and seal tightly, turn bag now and then.
- 5Remove steaks from marinade and discard marinade.
- 6Place steaks on a rack coated with vegetable spray and place rack in a roasting pan.
- 7Broil 5 inches from heat- 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree on doneness.
- 8OR barbecue to your liking.
- 9To serve, cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve chilled or at room temperature with mustard sauce.
- 10Mustard Sauce: Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- 11Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Flank Steak With Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 268.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean flank steak