Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe recipe many years ago from the Bon Appetit archives. What interested me about this flank steak was that it had all the ingredients that I loved and that it could made this ahead of time. Any leftover chipotle peppers can be frozen in a zip lock bag and broken off when needed (This does not include the marinating time)
- Score the flank steak on both sides to tenderize the meat.
- For the marinade, combine the oil, lime juice, garlic and cumin.
- Add the marinade to the meat. Marinate steak in this mixture for up to 2 days.
- For the glaze, mix the honey, mustard, hoisin, lime juice, chipotles and garlic in bowl. Set aside. (can make ahead of time).
- Grill steak, basting with glaze until done. Let steak sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice steak against the grain.