Recipe by Queer Eye in the Kitchen Guy
This recipe is from the Washington State Beef Commission. It is excellent on sandwiches the next day, so I usually make two!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, room temp
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trip steak of any excess fat or silver skin.
- Place steak in large zip lock bag.
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over steak.
- Close bag& press out any air.
- Move steak around in the bag to marinate.
- Refrigerate over night, or at least six hours.
- Mix schmear ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Refrigerate schmear.
- Bring schmear to room temperature one hour before serving.
- Prior to cooking, remove steak from marinade& drain well.
- Grill steak over HOT fire, about 5 minutes a side for rare.
- Place steak on a platter with the side just off the grill up and IMMEDIATELY top with the schmear.
- Spread schmear over steak.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Thinly slice at an angle across the grain.
- Spoon sauce& juices back over meat when serving.