Recipe by JenInCA
Here is a good flank steak recipe with no sugar, honey, or soy sauce - great for those watching their salt and sugar intake. Fits perfectly into WeightWatchers Core program. Preparation time does not include marinating. The original recipe says this makes 6 servings, but my husband and I polish it off in one dinner! Source: Bon Appetit, May 1995
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, fat trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients and pour in a 13 x 9 x 2 glass baking dish. Add flank steak and turn to coat; marinating steak at least 2 hours, or up to one day, refrigerated, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler. Remove steak from marinade and broil about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Carve thin slices across the grain at a diagonal.