Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from the Comfort Food diet cookbook of Taste of Home. It was so yummy. My steaks were in the marinade maybe only 5 hours.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, dip a paper towel in cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broi 4 inches from heat 9-11 minutes on each side (for us it was maybe 8 minutes total (on the bbq), it depends on the thickness of your steaks).
- To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
This was wonderful and so flavorful!!! So quick to get the marinade ingredients together, no cutting of anything. I let mine marinade for about 6-7 hours. The little brown sugar helped to get a little char on the outside, but ours was perfectly grilled to medium doneness. All four of us really like this recipe and will be making it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
I made this yesterday using 1.5 tsp of Splenda brown sugar. The flank steak was already in the freezer and I had had the butcher tenderize it and that makes it thinner and more pliable as well as tender. After 8 hrs of marinating I stretched it out and covered it with a thin layer of garlic saffron brown rice (precooked) and rolled it up like a jelly roll. It went into the oven @325 for 2 hrs and came out wonderful. Everything worked together perfectly and we had a grand dinner with a carrot salad, fresh green beans and a side salad.