Recipe by Fab4mom
This is a favorite of mine that I found in the Eating For Life Cookbook. This cookbook is a helpful tool when participating in the Body For Life program. Keep in mind that the Body For Life program equates a protein portion to the size of your palm, so the portion size maybe small for someone not participating in this program. I absolutely love this recipe because it doesn't taste like it would be healthy, but it is.
Top Review by ohigirl67_11544944
Thank you, thank you. I own this cookbook but right now it's in storage. My husband just said he wanted to use this marinade. I did an google search and found this. I love this marinade.
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce (I use the low sodium one)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pierce both sides of the flank steak with a fork.
- Place steak and mixed ingredients into a large size Ziploc bag.
- Refrigerate 4 hours minimum, but overnight for the best flavor.
- Preheat broiler or grill. (I have never grilled this steak, but I am sure it would be excellent grilled.)
- Place broiler pan in oven for one minute.
- Place the marinaded steak on the heated broiler pan.
- Broil in oven on top rack for about 6 minutes per side for medium-well doneness.
- Let steak cool for a few minutes and then slice across the grain into very thin slices( 1/8" approx.).